Thursday 21 April 2016

Home Coming

At T+3 days. I reached home.

I felt like an eggshell. They cracked me open, took my baby out and left me bandaged to heal.

Broken, patched up eggshell with painful, some engorged, some deflated body parts. Couldn't stand straight, couldn't cough, laugh or even sneeze. Every trip to the washroom was a prayer!

I felt handicapped. I thought I would never be normal again. One trip to the market would leave me exhausted for days. This was not my body. this body is weird. My stamina was absent and I felt weak. I felt cheated. But I had walked everyday! I was active! Then why this.
Oiled up and in night suits for a month. It seemed like years.

It seemed like my metamorphosis was taking place. Like this was my transition period from a person to a mother.

I got so busy in healing and taking care of the little new life that the 'wonder' got lost somewhere. Between fierce internet search on everything about a new born, to a feed & pee log book, to sleep management; that moment to pause and marvel at my offspring didn't really come... till one night, when the baby was fed, burped, changed and calmly sleeping... there was no one around and it was all calm. It was just him and me. And I realized that, that is my own flesh and blood.

We created this. This is that ONE thing that we can truly call ours. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment